On Memorial Day we remember the Men and Women who sacrificed their lives for our freedom, we take some time to enjoy our family and friends, we catch up on those outdoor projects and of course we barbecue. Here is a round up of some of my favorite ideas to help you celebrate Memorial Day and Honor our Heroes!
1. Backyard Barbecues- A family tradition for many of us, I love decorating patriotic style. Above, a simple cone creates a fun presentation for fresh fruit, and a festive table welcomes family and friends. Since this is one of our first cook-outs of the season we are all about a great burger, hot dogs (fun presentation idea) and some colorful Jones Soda.
2. Memorial Day Parades- I just love a good parade and on Memorial Day there are so many good ones, locations here. Memorial Day is foremost a time to honor those who’ve served our country. Cities all over the US honor our fallen heroes with parades, floats in patriotic colors, marching bands, and veterans and various organizations make their way along the parade routes.
3. Hang a Flag- ”Home of the Free because of the Brave”, a simple way to show your support and gratitude.
4. Visit a Veteran family member or friend- Help someone who served our country; invite them to your barbecue, help them out with some outdoor chores or just say, Thank You.
5. Take a Memorial Walk - Carry the Load is a non-profit organization helping people celebrate a meaningful Memorial Day by conducting events that honor veterans and active duty service members, law enforcement officers, firefighters and their families. Learn more about Carry the Load and find an event near you by checking out their web site.
I hope you have a Happy Memorial Day, let us know how you are spending the day, it’s never too late to start a new tradition.